Skip to content
- The fuel pump in a Jeep is usually located inside the gas tank. It bolts into the top of the tank
- The fuel pump is responsible for pumping fuel from the gas tank to the engine. It is an essential component of your Jeep’s fuel system that helps keep your Jeep running.
- When you turn the key in your Jeep Wrangler’s ignition switch, it sends an electrical signal to the fuel pump. The fuel pump then pumps fuel from the gas tank to the engine so that it can start running
- The pump creates the pressure needed to move gas from the fuel lines to the engine. While your jeep is running, the fuel pump is in constant motion moving fuel until your vehicle starts to run low on gas.
- The purpose of the fuel pump is to push the fuel from the tank to the injectors. This will help your vehicle run properly by making sure the fuel is able to go where it needs to.