Skip to content
- The starter motor is located on the driver’s side of the engine, directly below the left bank of cylinders. It is midway down on the engine, newer firewall.
- The starter motor is an electric motor that rotates your engine in order to allow the engine to start.
- It is responsible for cranking the engine and getting it running it is a de series motor which has the high starting torque characteristics.
- When you turn the key in your Jeep’s ignition switch, it sends an electrical signal to the starter motor. The starter motor then turns the engine over so that it can start running
- It performs mainly two functions: First, it converts the electric energy from the battery into mechanical energy and second, it provides the mechanism to engage with the flywheel crank the engine.