MACHINE TOOLS LAB
The Machine Tools Lab I introduces students to various manufacturing processes used in production engineering. Here, they work with different machine tools, such as lathes, shapers, and grinding machines, to develop machining skills. The lab emphasizes precision and accuracy in producing components used in industrial manufacturing, making students proficient in conventional machining techniques.
- The students can operate different machine tools with understanding of work holders and operating principles to produce different part features to the desired quality.
- Apply cutting mechanics to metal machining based on cutting force and power consumption.
- Select appropriate machining processes and process parameters for different metals.
- Fabricate and assemble various metal components by welding and students will be able to visually examine their work and that of others for discontinuities and defects.
- Infer the changes in properties of steel on annealing, normalizing, hardening and tempering.
LAB IN CHARGE: Prof. Ridhinraj V R TECHNICAL-STAFF-IN-CHARGE Sri. Thomas N S