Dr. Abdul Hameed received B.Tech in Electronics and communication Engineering from Kerala University , India in 1988, M.Tech in Digital Systems and communication Engineering and Ph.D (Signal processing) from NIT Calicut.
He has been teaching various subjects for B. Tech. (ECE) and M. Tech.( Signal processing ) for over 25 years in several faculty capacities such as Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor and Head in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Government Engineering Colleges under the Technical Education Department of Kerala state, India. He has also served as chairman, PG board of studies , Calicut University and is a member of Academic Committee of APJ Abdul Kalam Kerala Technological University.
His major areas of interest are Wireless communication systems , Signal processing and Embedded systems .
- M. Abdul Hameed and Elizabeth Elias, “M-Channel Cosine Modulated Filter Banks with Linear Phase Analysis and Synthesis Filters”. Signal Processing-Elsevier Volume 86 Issue 12, December, 2006, Pages 3842-3848.
- M. Abdul Hameed and Elizabeth Elias, “On Linear Phase M-channel cosine modulated Filter Banks,” WSEAS Transaction on Signal processing, Issue 4, Volume 2, pp 484-489, April 2006.
- Abdul Hameed and Sindhu P, “An Improved Space Time Block Code for Two Transmit Antennas and Three Time Slots” ,in proceedings of IEEE , International conference on information technology and communication research (ICTRC2015) , Khaleefa University, Abu Dhabi, May 2015, pp. 13-16
- Abdul Hameed and Steffy Maria Joseph, “ Online handwritten Malayalam character recognition using LIBSVM in matlab”, in proceedings of IEEE, National conference on communication, signal processing and networking ,NCCSN 2014, Palakkad, India , October 2014
- M. Abdul Hameed and Elizabeth Elias, “Design of regularity constrained linear phase modulated lapped transforms,” inproceedings of IEEE Nordic Signal Processing Symposium (NORSIG), Iceland, June 2006, pp. 174-177.
- M. Abdul Hameed and Elizabeth Elias, “M-Channel Linear Phase Cosine Modulated Filter Banks with Perfect Reconstruction.,” in proceedings of WSEAS conference on Multimedia Systems and Signal Processing (MUSP), China, April 2006, pp 157-162.
- M. Abdul Hameed and Elizabeth Elias,” Extended lapped transforms with symmetric basis functions and perfect reconstruction,” in proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS), Tunisia, Dec 2005.
- M. Abdul Hameed and Elizabeth Elias, “Modulated lapped transforms with symmetric basis functions,” in proceedings of International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications (ADCOM), India, Dec 2005.
- M. Abdul Hameed and Elizabeth Elias, “M-band Modulated Filter banks with linear phase sub-band filters,” in Proceedings of Nordic Signal Processing Symposium (NORSIG), Norway, September 2005, pp.169-172.
- Abdul Hameed, Tigi K Thomas, Elizabeth Elias, “General Formulation for Arbitrary Length Cosine Modulated Filter Banks,” in proceedings of Nordic Signal Processing Symposium-(NORSIG), Finland, June 2004, pp. 81-84