- The exhaust system is located underneath the Jeep and it consist of one or two channels depending on the engine.
- Exhaust has four main functions: to control noise, to direct exhaust fumes away from passengers, to improve the performance of the engine and to improve fuel consumption
- The exhaust system collects the exhaust gases from the cylinders, removes harmful substances, reduces the level of noise and discharges the purified exhaust gases at a suitable point of the vehicle away from its occupants.
- It will
1) direct harmful hydrocarbons away from the driver and passengers, and
2) reduce the air pollution your car releases into the environment, helping keep the air clean.
- The exhaust system works by collecting the waste
- from the combustion process, then moving it through a series of pipes to different parts of the exhaust system.