Head of Department :Dr. Sajith K.
The Department started functioning in 1999 offering B Tech degree in Electronics and Communication & Engineering. Presently the intake for the first year B Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering is 120 students. Additional 12 students are admitted in 3rd semester under Lateral Entry Scheme. B.Tech course is affiliated to kannur university and from 2015 onwards , it is affiliated to A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technological University. The M Tech programme in Communication Engineering and Signal Processing started in 2011 with an intake of 18 students. The faculty strength is 20 comprising of 2 - Professors , 4 - Associate Professors and 14 - Assistant Professors.
To be a glorious centre for providing exemplary Electronics and Communication Engineering education with virtues for the upliftment of the society.
To impart sufficient knowledge in the discipline of Electronics and allied areas with a focus on developing the required technical skills and virtues to meet the relevant and timely needs of the society.
Program Educational Objectives
To mould students with a strong foundation in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
To produce technically proficient graduates with ability to conceptualize, design, implement and operate electronic systems.
To produce graduates with a professional outlook who can think rationally and communicate as a team to colleagues, clients, employers and the society.
To produce graduates who will pursue lifelong learning and professional development.Program Outcomes –POs
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and computing sciences to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify , formulate , review research literature and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics natural science and engineering science.
- Design/development of solutions:Design computer system components and services that meets public health and safety, cultural, societal,environmental and national standards.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research based knowledge and research based methods including design of algorithms, analysis and interpretation of data ,and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage:Create, select and apply appropriate technique, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex computing activities with an understanding of limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by computing knowledge to asses societal, health and safety, legal and cultural issues and consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the importance of computer engineering solutions in societal environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual or as a member or leader in diverse teams in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication:Create awareness on nature and growing needs for technical communication and impart listening speaking and reading skills especially creating reports design documentation and creating effective presentation.
- Project management and finance:Understanding of the engineering and management principle and apply these to one's own work as a member and leader in the team to manage software projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for and have preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of change in the field of computer science and engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes –PSOs
PSO 1 ( Specialization knowledge) : Design various systems for applications including signal processing, communication and control system
PSO 2 ( Employability) : Capable to comprehend the technological advancements in the usage of modern design tools to analyze and design subsystems/processes for a variety of applications.
PSO 3 (Problem-Solving Skills) : Enhance problem solving skill using latest hardware and software tools.
i. Electronics Workshop
This basic workshop in Electronics Engineering provides a facility for familiarization of components used in electronics circuits such as active and passive components. Testing of components, familiarization of electronic equipments and soldering practice is also provided.
Lab in-charge : Dr. Suresh Kumar E
ii. Basic Electronics Lab
Basic electronics lab has facilities to introduce basic electronic components andcircuits.This lab focuses the third semester electronics and communication engineering students.
iii. Electronics Circuits Lab
Lab in-charge : Mr. Riyas K K
iv. Communication Lab
The lab is equipped with equipments and trainer kits for digital communication based experiments. The satellite communication trainer and UPS trainers enable the students to do their projects and mini projects based on communication.
Lab in charge :
v. Linear Integrated Circuits Lab
Linear integrated circuits lab is an open window to the world of op-amps.It’s a close contact of students with comparators, RC phase shift oscillators, multipliers Etc.
Lab In-Charge : Mr. Umesh A C
vi. Digital Electronics Lab
Lab In-Charge : Mrs. Reshmi S Bhooshan
vii. Microprocessor and Micro controller Lab
This lab helps the students to learn more on microprocessors and controllers. The students of the fifth semester, students are getting an introduction with 8086 microprocessors and 8051 micro controller.
Lab in-charge : Mr. Riyas K K
viii. DSP Lab.
The lab is equipped with software and hardware that enable the student to do simulation based experiments and real time projects. Trainer kits from Texas Instruments are available for real time DSP projects. Simulation environment is setup with desktops loaded with MATLAB, Lab View, etc.Also the lab serves as a hub for completing final year projects.
Labin-charge : Mrs. Sumi George
ix. Project Lab
Lab in Charge : Mr. Umesh A C
x. Department Library
The Department Library has a collection of more than 1500 books on subjects related to the curriculum. In charge : Mrs. Vineetha Joseph
xi. Component Store
Component Store is an assurance for the students for doing their experiments without the shortage of components and devices.It initiates and promotes the students to complete their experiments intime without any delay or error.Here all the components for all laboratories are available.
In charge : Mr. Balan N
The following projects are in progress in the Department,
A Portable Bio signal Acquisition and Recording System–Rs.40,000/- (CERD) Humanoid Robot–Rs. 50,000/- (CERD) Hear trate variability analysis of human beings and animals Rs.1,68,000/- (CERD)
|Dr. Thajudin Ahamed V I||Professor||PhDemail@example.com|
|Dr. Cibile K K||Associate Professor||PhD||9447237411|
|Dr. Hari R||Associate Professor||PhD||9447725443|
|Dr. Sajith K||Associate Professor &HOD||PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
M E (Doing PhD)
|Ms. Reshmi S Bhooshan||Assistant Professor||M.Techemail@example.com|
|Ms. Sumi George||Assistant Professor||M. Tech.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Shilpa Purushothaman C||Assistant Professor(Adhoc)||M. Tech.||email@example.com|
|Mr. Vivek MV||Assistant Professor(Adhoc)||M. Tech.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Mekha Mathew||Assistant Professor(Adhoc)||M.Techemail@example.com|
|Ms.Sunija A P||Assistant Professor(Adhoc)||M.Techfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms.Raneesha K||Assistant Professor(Adhoc)||M.Techemail@example.com|
|Ms.Soumya N V||Assistant Professor(Adhoc)||M.Techfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr.Subair Ahammed||Assistant Professor(Adhoc)||M.Tech|
|Ms. Rony Emmanuel||Ist Gr. Instructor(Adhoc)||B Techemail@example.com|
|Mr. Sabumon M.S||Instructor Grade II||Diplomafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Balan N||Trade Instructor||ITI Electronicsemail@example.com|
|Mr. Antony||Trade Instructor||ITI Electronicsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Latheesh||Trade Instructor||Diploma in Electronicsemail@example.com|
|Ms. Smitha C||Trade Instructor||Diploma in Electronicsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Vineetha Joseph||Tradesman||Diploma in Electronicsemail@example.com|
|Mr. Bino T S||Tradesman||Diploma in Electronics||9447434210|
|Mr. Dyuthin P D||Tradesman (Adhoc)||Diploma in Electronicsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Jithin Tomy||Tradesman (Adhoc)||Diploma in Electronicsemail@example.com|