Skip to content
- Centrifugal pump is used to circulate fluids within a system, such as water, oil, coolant, etc.
- The pump may be located near the source or destination of the fluid, such as the radiator, the engine block, the fuel tank, etc.
- The working of a centrifugal pump is based on the principle of forced vortex flow.
- The forced vortex flow means when a certain mass of fluid or liquid is allowed to rotate by an external torque, then there is a rise in pressure head of the rotating liquid. This rise in pressure head is used to deliver water from one location to another.
- The main components of a centrifugal pump are the impeller and the casing.