- It is located some what left of center at the back of the engine, towards the top of the bell housing
- The functions of crankshafts are to give a smoother drive to the vast motors with multi-cylinders.
- It is responsible for the proper operation of the engine and converting a linear motion to a rotational motion
- The crankshaft causes the cylinder to complete its rotation and the throw will restore the piston at the highest point of the cylinder. This item needs exceptionally smooth designing while in production regarding its weights and balancing.
- It is made by heating a block of steel until red hot. It then forms into shape using extremely high pressure.